COUNSEL AT FRANKFURT KURNIT
Tyler Maulsby is counsel to the Litigation, Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility, and Securities Fraud & White Collar Defense practice groups. He is listed as a 2019 “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine.
Mr. Maulsby represents individuals and entities in a wide range of industries including law, media, entertainment, technology, fashion, and education, non-profit, and government.
In his legal ethics and professional responsibility practice, Mr. Maulsby represents lawyers and law firms in litigation and counseling matters. Representative matters include:
- Defending a national law firm in a multi-million dollar legal malpractice lawsuit
- Successfully defending a law firm in a motion to disqualify based on a conflict of interest in a complex federal litigation
- Representing lawyers and law firms in numerous fee disputes
- Securing a dismissal of sanctions against a lawyer in a federal class-action litigation
- Representing lawyers and law students in disciplinary and admissions proceedings
- Advising lawyers seeking to change firms or form a new firm
- Providing ongoing legal ethics and risk management advice to lawyers and law firms.
Mr. Maulsby also represents clients in commercial and criminal litigation matters in state and federal courts. His recent experience includes:
- Representing a large media company in an investigation by the United States Department of Justice
- Assisting several companies in their investigation and response to allegations of sexual assault and harassment
- Representing individuals in partnership disputes, dissolution proceedings and related business disputes
- Securing favorable outcomes for several high-profile individuals facing criminal charges and related civil allegations
Mr. Maulsby currently serves as chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Professional Ethics and is a director of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers. He is also a member of the ABA Center for Professional Responsibility, the ABA Standing Committee on Public Protection in the Provision of Legal Services, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is the managing editor of the Frankfurt Kurnit Professional Responsibility blog and is a co-host of Frankfurt Kurnit’s webcast and podcast series Remotely Ethical.
Mr. Maulsby is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey.